Bazaar was at one point the largest cattle shipping point in Kansas. Before the arrival of the railroads and the towns of Wichita and Caldwell, the Chisolm Trail passed by on its way north from Texas to Atchinson, Kansas. The area is famous for its Bluestem grass on which the cattle feed.
District 41, Clay Center, Butler County. On Cole Creek Road at the intersection of 210th Street.Features include central chimney and windows only on the south and east side.
Lanesfield, 18745 South Dillie Road, Edgerton. Located on the historic Santa Fe Trail. The schoolhouse is now a museum operated by Johnson County.
Lower Foxcreek, a half mile north of the Z bar Ranch on the Kansas Scenic Byway Highway 177. The park staff at the ranch has developed a new curriculum-based education program. Click on the link for information on Education Day at the Z Bar/Spring Hill Ranch.
Richmond Hill, also known as German Lutheran was originally located at 95th and Tyler in Sedgwick County. In order to preserve the school, it was relocated to the grounds of theClearwater Historical Society in Clearwater.Richmond Hill has the distinction of being the earliest existent one room school in Sedgwick County.
The school opened in 1897 teaching both English and German to the area students. The last semester was 1941.
Shawnee Mission Indian School, Fairway, Kansas off of Shawnee Mission Parkway and 53rd Street.
The school served as a training school for Shawnee and Delaware Indians from 1839 until 1854 and later as a subscription school to area students.The 12 acre site with three buildings is a National Historic Site and museum.
Spring Valley, Kansas is north of Newton, north from Hesston off Interstate 135, go 20 miles.
West Valley, Kansas is north of Haven off Highway 96. It is south of Highway 50 by a mile or so.